Friday, April 24, 2009

Click here to view email

Now that I've had my BlackBerry permanently attached to my hand, I have a small issue. Not with the BB necessarily, but with some of the mailing lists I subscribe to.

I have the Gmail app on my phone. To save space, etc., it only prints the first ? number of characters in an email and no images. Links show up if they're an address, not text with a link attached. In Gmail on the computer, you see all the fancy graphics and text for the email, along with the "Click here to view on your PDA" where "here" is clickable.

On my BB, I see plain text saying "Click here to view on your PDA" and plain footer or header text.

I don't know, maybe there's a workaround that I'm too lazy to find. I just find it funny everytime I see the "Click here to view on your PDA" with no clickable link on my BB. If you want people to be able to view it from their PDA or smartphone, try actually making it possible to do so. :D

No comments: