Thursday, August 7, 2008

Must Be Patient for Doctor Who

Well it looks like the fifth season of Doctor Who won't arrive until 2010 while David Tennant does a few shows in a little-known play called Hamlet. I've read from various sources that there will be a few Doctor Who specials with David Tennant in the meantime, but I have no idea how soon the US might get them after they air in the UK.

But who cares about all that! How awesome was this last season??

***STOP READING if you watch this show and haven't seen the end of Season 4.***

Catherine Tate was a great companion. I really liked the pair of them because there were no doe eyes or doting or any of that. She was snarky and hilarious. I was almost sad at the end of the finale because I really wanted her to be the companion again...I wonder if they'll get around it somehow or if he'll have a new companion. I liked Rose a lot better too since she was a little more serious and a little less trashy and obnoxious. :/ I thought the ending with Rose was weird but perfect I guess. She gets her "Doctor" without breaking any of their rules of parallel universes.

I also loved how the different characters from Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures came together for the finale(s). It was a bit cheesy, I know, but that's pretty much Doctor Who for you. I loved the flirtation with Donna and Captain Jack! I think Captain Jack finally met someone he might not have been able to handle. ;)

I think the show did a good job of wrapping things up, yet still leaving me excited for the next season. There was no major cliffhanger, but I'm still eager to see what direction the show goes next. If only we didn't have to wait so long!

No comments: