Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Other Woman

I wasn't planning to write about this episode of Lost because I didn't want to turn this into a blog about Lost, but I saw something in the episode that I haven't seen mentioned in any spoiler sites (so far) and it's worth noting!

When Juliet goes over to Ben "I Don't Know How to Woo a Woman" Linus' house for his 2 person dinner party, did anyone catch the painting on the wall as she walked in the door? It looked like a portrait of Ben's mom (and Juliet) - I think this pretty much confirms that the "her" Juliet looks like is Ben's mother, not Annie, as is being speculated. Oedipus Complex, anyone? Many people seem to think Harper was referring to Annie as the "her" Juliet looks like, but Annie had brown hair for one thing. Some people wondered how The Others would have known what his mother looked like, but I think that's part of the reason we saw the painting - to see that he did keep images of her in some form. He has multiple passports, money, files on people - finding information about his mother is probably easy peasy lemon squeezy. Interesting side note, the actress who played his mother is Michael Emerson's wife.

I don't know what Lost could have followed The Constant with that could have compared, but I like Juliet so I was happy with the episode. There were a few interesting things in my opinion: the Widmore video, giving the Island some Beano, Ben becoming "one of the guys," the Jacket kiss, and JULIET IS BEN'S. As I've seen other people comment, I think this was a story-building episode.

I think they should just stick to Jack/Juliet and Kate/Sawyer and forget this Jack/Kate garbage. But I know that's not going to happen so I'm not going to worry about it! :)

Lost Post - DONE. (shout out to Gordon Ramsay's The F Word)

No comments: