Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Je t'aime, Bourjois!




After a rather dreary day, I think now is a good time to talk gush about the makeup company I mentioned earlier, Bourjois. As some of you know, I'm a sucker for anything French. After a vacation in Paris, I brought home clothes, a handbag, and the desire to emulate the style that French women have in abundance.

While shopping around in Ulta's collection of "fancy" makeup, I came upon a display that included Pretty in Paris sets and little pots of powders with names in French. Needless to say, I was THOROUGHLY intrigued but still cautious enough to look into the brand before I bought it (I don't use makeup brands that test on animals). The history of the company is fascinating - in 1863, Monsieur Bourjois created the first powder blush for stage actresses in Paris, and Bourjois has been going ever since. I was happy to find that Bourjois is authentically French, not a company capitalizing on the idea of being French.

I have the popular Ombre A Paupières Wet and Dry Eyeshadow in 2 shades and, of course, Our Signature Blush. I love the colors and textures, and the lovely fragrance of the makeup is a nice touch. If you're interested in Bourjois makeup, you're in luck because Ulta is offering a 20% off coupon online (code 85525) and in store (print coupon) through February 2, and this time it includes Bourjois! I'm thinking of snatching up one of the Pretty in Paris Sets. Let us know what you get and how you like it!

If you want help with application techniques, check out the instructional videos from Mademoiselle Bourjois.

No comments: