Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Little Black Book

I'd like to formally welcome you to my new blog, Under the Myrtle Tree. I've thought about writing a blog for ages and decided now's the time. My Little Black Book is moving online, a place I spend a lot of time and do a lot of work. My Little Black Book is not what you think - when I was in my early teens, I started collecting thoughts, quotes, book excerpts, etc. in....you guessed it....a little black book. I quit/gave up/lost interest in doing so around college. Then I started using a computer regularly and briefly got back into collecting the same types of things. It was sort of like taking snapshots of things I thought were special or interesting enough that I'd want to be able to look back on them later and remember what I liked about them or find new meanings from them. I guess this blog is the natural progression.

The title represents two of my interests that I think you will get to know better as this goes on: nature/gardening and Venus (in all forms of the goddess as well as the planet!). I like new and interesting plants, and I don't have a myrtle tree or know much about it yet, aside from the idea that it's a symbol often related to Venus/Aphrodite/Astarte. More on that later. :)

No comments: